The SET Philosophy
Our Board of Directors is a hands-on and strategic group of individuals not limited by traditional educational models and protocols. We have acted with a certain sense of freedom in building a school that is based on a combination of “no box” thinking and research and sharing from that the best of the best, including leading universities. Additionally, we’re all parents, so we’ve also had the blessing of this invaluable perspective.
The hallmarks that have guided and continue to guide our vision in setting the mission for SET are as follows and form the vision for our school:
- Stewardship. We are stewards for taxpayers and will act to drive the highest possible societal returns on investment for the citizens and corporate investors in public education. Part and parcel of our stewardship is the belief that access to a high-quality education is a divine right and one we owe to every student and parent.
- Know Our Customer. Many institutions funded with taxpayer money often forget who the customer is and how best to serve them. We have no such mindset and know full well that our customers are the students, families, and alumni of SET.
- Knowledge and Character. Knowledge alone has limits and can be dangerous; character alone without knowledge will not change the world for the better. The interwoven priority to unite knowledge and character is the underlying core of SET and is how we intend on delivering great returns to mankind and empowering our students to change the world for the better.
- Inquiry, Discourse, Diversity. Inquisitiveness driven by true intellectual curiosity, supported by honest discourse from diverse classmates with differing perspectives, is how great SET minds are formed and nurtured for a lifetime of achievement, empathy, and tenacity.
- Personalized Journeys. The entire focus of SET is on the independent, curious journey of our students. We are here to facilitate their quest for passion, purpose, and personal performance in all aspects of their life, from academic and college settings to the real world and through responsible citizenship. Every aspect of SET, including our Personalized Education Plans (PEPs) and Success Readiness Levels (SRLs), are framed on a foundation of personal discovery on a journey pointed in the direction of success, happiness, and contribution.
- Parents As Educators. We believe that parents are the primary educators in the lives of students, and we expect, embrace, and empower deep contributions from parents who choose SET and our model for education.
The SET Board of Directors